Examine the evolving enterprise security landscape and discover how to manage and survive risks. This module includes many examples from well-known companies and provides guidance for a management-level audience. Managing Risks and Information Security provides thought leadership in the increasingly important area of enterprise information risk and security. It describes the changing risk environment and why a fresh approach to information security is needed. Because almost every aspect of an enterprise is now dependent on technology not only for internal operations but increasing as a part of product or service creation, the focus of IT security must shift from locking down assets to enabling the business while managing and surviving risks. This module discusses business risks from a broader perspective, including privacy and regulatory considerations. It describes the increasing number of threats and vulnerabilities and offers strategies for developing solutions. These include discussions of how enterprises can take advantage of new and emerging technologies - such as social media and the huge proliferation of Internet-enabled devices - while minimizing risks.
What will i learn?
- Understand information security and its border to IT security
- Review how people perceive risk and the effects it has on information security
- See why different perceptions of risk within an organization matters
- Understand and reconcile these differing risk views
- Gain insights into how to safely enable the use of new technologies
- No special requirements needed once a student was accepted for the overall MBA program.
- For the MBA program a student need to complete the MBA Common courses and the specialized courses.