How to understand and comply with the two most important safety certifications for avionics software and hardware. These standards have increased the reliability of digital avionics - and have reduced equipment failure and accidents to record low rates. The subject is introduced with clarity, the result of presenting DO-178 workshops all over the world to organizations producing avionics, airframes and components. It explains concepts behind more than 30 topics that comprise the regulations. Just as important, it illuminates them with many real-life certification programs, showing where they are flexible or vague and how to deal with them. Although this module covers the most advanced concepts in digital avionics, it is lightened with anecdotes about clients and their early experiences in the road to certification. Some useful features of the module include: a glossary of terms for quick reference, a graphic for each topic which boils down the main points; and the text of the FAA Advisory Circular on software compliance in airborne systems.
What will I learn?
- Understand the key concepts of certification
- Plan the project
- Define and review planning documents
- Perform a gap analysis
- Establish cost estimation and metrics
- No special requirements needed once a student was accepted for the overall MBA program.
- For the MBA program a student need to complete the MBA Common courses and the specialized courses.